Here you will find an archive of blog posts and articles that have been posted on the website. The articles archived on this page are for fellow teachers and my own personal blog.
For IELTS specific content and English resources, please check those pages for specific archived articles.
- A personal story…I was recently invited for a photoshoot and a short interview, to be featured in BC Brit. Now the article is live, I’ve decided to share it all with you here. A huge thanks to Mark Cannon for his time and effort, and some great photos. You can find the … Continue reading A personal story…
- Using Tricider to spark conversation in the ESL classroom.Last weekend, I had the pleasure of presenting at the 2019 BC TEAL conference, working together with a friend and former colleague to deliver a short presentation around a website called Tricider, which helps to boost debate, conversation and engagement among students in English classes. Not only can students write … Continue reading Using Tricider to spark conversation in the ESL classroom.
- My South Korea Travel Guide… Hidden Gems and Must Sees!So I am finally back from my trip to Korea, with a short stay in Hong Kong sandwiched in between. I was quite busy zig-zagging my way all around Korea for the last few weeks, so in this article I will try my best to share some hidden gems and … Continue reading My South Korea Travel Guide… Hidden Gems and Must Sees!
- Can I teach even if I am not a native English speaker?Updated: March 2020. As I’ve explained in previous articles, there are now so many different ways to teach, both online and in the physical classroom. Even if you are not a native English speaker, and even if you want to teach a language other than English, there are so many … Continue reading Can I teach even if I am not a native English speaker?
- Teaching on italki in 2020. | Still worth it? |Updated: March 2020. So, about back in 2018, I started teaching on italki, having first researched a wide range of online teaching websites, all with various promises, claims and flashy adverts. However, after digging down further, I settled on italki and haven’t looked back since. Why? Well here’s why… Preface: … Continue reading Teaching on italki in 2020. | Still worth it? |
- A new website for IELTS and beyond… Articles, Videos, Podcast and more…A rebooted website for teachers and students! So it’s taken a while, but I’ve finally decided to get myself into gear and put together all of my previous blogs, videos and content into one website. I’ve also now launched my Youtube channel, so i’m also going to start adding videos … Continue reading A new website for IELTS and beyond… Articles, Videos, Podcast and more…